Priorities For Fisheries and Coastal Communities
- Registration of national boats with developing ownership book. Construct fishery jetties at the strategic fishery locations.
- Establish fishery cold chain facilities at the coastal line, including; (cold storages, ice makers, refrigerator trucks, backup generators and solar panels).
- Expand existing fishing jetties and boat refurbished workshop at Berbera.
- Capacity building of department staff, local fishermen, cooperatives and provide fishing gears.
- Support improvement of fish quality control (fish inspectors, supervisors and fishery certification system).
- Provide sufficient trainings for refrigeration technicians and electro-mechanic units.
- Provide upgrading courses to fishery cadres (masters/bachelor degrees).
- Support fishing boats for the foot fishermen along the coast.
- Establish boat maintenance workshop at the remote coastal areas.